Sunday, August 28, 2011

anna quindlen

I had no idea who she is, until Julie mentioned she loved her.  I just liked the quote, so I posted it.  But, now that she has peaked my curiosity, I have done a little internet investigating and have discovered a wealth of interesting/clever quotations from her.  How fun!!

And although I promise that this will not become a blog of AQ quotes, I found one that went nicely with the pics I had stumbled across when reorganizing my computer folders (I have been in a cleaning/reorganizing frenzy lately...i know, I know, that's what spring is for. But right before a new service year I have an overpowering urge to make my life (and home) BETTER. And CLEANER. Just so I can enjoy throwing myself into service in September without the guilt that I am neglecting something.)
anyways, here goes:



Don't ever confuse the two, your life and your work. That's what I have to say. The second is only a part of the first.


 We aren't always breaking something when we're cleaning, but it does seem to go in waves.  This little bird was no doubt a gift brought by travelling missionaries or bethel guests who often stay at the home of the sister we clean for.  In other words, IRREPLACEABLE.  oops! not to worry, we always carry superglue for just such occasions.

One day, at the end of a particularly long streak of breaking things, I heard a commotion coming from the bedroom, and Erin started shouting for help.  She broke the bed. From underneath. How is that possible? haha. (we fixed it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment