Thursday, December 2, 2010

the bookshelf

I need to make a formal apology about my bookshelf.  I thought it was a cool idea, one that I saw on another blog, and decided to incorporate it on my page. Originally I put 4 books on it: an organic cookbook, a fascinating piece of nonfiction, and a couple of mysteries from a writer that I enjoyed reading on vacations.  I've been busy for the past few weeks, and have been neglecting my blog, so it wasn't until my mother in law Michelle asked me about my bookshelf that I noticed that the books on it were not my books.

So I wanted to post an apology. I do not read occult books. I have never read any of the Twilight series, or Harry Potter, nor have I seen the movies. As a pioneer, I feel especially driven to emphasize the fact that I do not approve of those or any other entertainment that romanticizes actions and practices that God clearly hates. And I feel bad that I might have given any readers the idea that if I think these titles are appropriate, then it's ok for them to read them too.  There have been numerous talks at assemblies, local needs parts, and talks given by circuit overseers to remind us that the occult is dangerous and not something to be trifled with, or used for entertainment.  To ignore that counsel is only harming ourselves and making our adversary happy.

Sorry for any confusion my bookshelf caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment